Lifespan Brands had a staff cookie exchange this year. We brought 4 cookies in cute little holiday treat bags and boxes to exchange with each other. Some bakers used old family recipes, while others found their recipes online. But ALL were delicious and it was a sweet way to share some treats with coworkers. Sometimes you have to allow yourself some treats, so we did not have health and nutrition requirements for what we brought. As we’ve said before, just enjoy the sweets in moderation; pace yourself and have small portions. : )
My recipe is from Pillsbury – 8184http://www.pillsburybaking.com/recipes/holiday-crinkle-cookies-8184
Holiday Crinkle Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 45 min
- Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Radiant Red Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Vibrant Green Cupcake & Cake Mix (OR substitute any white cake mix and use food coloring to make red and green dough)
- 2 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 egg, beaten, divided
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Blend red cupcake mix, 1 1/4 cups whipped topping, 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons beaten egg in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Repeat with green cupcake mix and remaining whipped topping, butter and egg to make green dough.
- PLACE powdered sugar in small shallow bowl. Drop batters by rounded teaspoon into powdered sugar to coat generously. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and tops are crackled. Remove immediately to wire rack to cool completely
Here are a few more recipes of the cookies that we brought in.